Head-on prawns are one of my favorite foods. The flavor is intensified by having the head on (but you can make them with headless shrimp if you want). Combined with fresh herbs and salt, these are a perfect dish for entertaining and special occasions. No one will even realize you’re feeding them keto foods (unless you tell them).
This recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free, and low carb. Watch for this recipe in my upcoming KetoLuxe cookbook.
6 head-on jumbo prawns, fresh or thawed
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon liquid aminos
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine ½ cup extra virgin olive (reserve half for later), garlic, liquid aminos, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Marinate prawns in mixture for half an hour.
- Heat oil on stove until shimmery.
- Remove prawns from marinade. Sauté for three minutes each side.
- Remove from oil. Place on serving platter and garnish with flaky salt and fresh herbs. Serve immediately.